We are looking for an awesome assistant to support an equally awesome CEO who has grown this business all the way from the ground up. The best part is that not only is he super cool, he is also super NICE –– genuinely an all-around great person to work with. Really. So if you’re interested in the immense personal satisfaction that comes from helping someone brilliant always be his best self, this could be the right role for you.
The company has a huge open floor plan combined with expansive 360 degree views of Manhattan. Their office in Tribeca has that classic startup industrial vibe, with polished concrete floors, art on the walls, and exposed ductwork pipes on the super high (20 foot!!) ceilings. You’ll definitely love working where you’re working, but most importantly, you’ll also love who you’re working with. The team is bright and vibrant, full of people who are happy, humble, and hardworking. They’re not looking to hire employees here –– they want to bring on people to join their team, who want to go on a journey together to continue building something incredible.
In the role of Executive Assistant, you will play a highly visible role in supporting the CEO by cultivating an efficient and effective work environment for him. The CEO is a productive and pretty punctual guy who wants someone to help him always feel prepared. So we need someone who cares about what they do and how they do it and when they do it –– a sense of urgency is key. This is a position that strongly emphasizes autonomy and accountability –– you should be comfortable and confident in owning what you have on your plate as well as constantly seeking out new ways to contribute.
You're creative enough to plan the coolest, hippest outings (Broadway anyone?!) and organized enough to make sure they go off without a hitch. You are positive and personable, with an innate ability for interacting well with people at all levels and all walks of life. You should enjoy working independently, and figuring out how to get things done, even if you’ve never done them before. You’ve never met a problem you couldn’t solve –– resourceful might as well be your middle name.
This is an ideal role if you’re looking for a front-row seat –– you’ll get hands-on experience and behind-the-scenes exposure to all aspects of the startup world. The bottom line is that we need someone who sweats the small stuff –– so if that’s you, we want to talk to you.
- Anticipating the needs of the CEO and constantly/consistently staying two (or ten!) steps ahead.
- Booking domestic AND international travel arrangements, including hotels, flights (commercial, charter, and private), car services, restaurants, and more.
- Coordinating a sometimes chaotic calendar (across multiple time zones) including appointments, meetings, conferences, interviews, and other scheduling.
- Triaging heavy flow of emails into inbox, including drafting correspondence, prioritizing what needs to be accomplished, and streamlining task management.
- Building and maintaining great relationships with people at all levels, from the cleaning crews all the way to the highest profile celebrity partners.
- Helping the CEO make people in his professional life feel welcomed, appreciated, and seen –– writing thoughtful thank you notes, picking out perfect presents, and remembering special occasions.
- Maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and handling private information with utmost discretion.
- Staying on top of and tracking progress of various projects.
- Following-up and following-through on all action items.
- We LOVE super smart people so long as they’re also super kind people.
- Natural affinity and ability for details –– you triangulate and triple-check everything.
- Positive attitude, where no project is too big or too small and no problem is above or beneath you.
- Great taste –– an understanding of how to uphold the standards of a personal brand, from the big things like event decor all the way down to the details like the type of local coffee to give as gifts to visiting VIPs.
- Intellectually curious, combined with a healthy appetite for acquiring *useful* knowledge.
- Dedicated to planning ahead, yet nimble when faced with unexpected changes.
- Extremely proactive and productive; self-starter and self-motivated.
- Methodical and meticulous mentality. Dedicated and diligent.
- Ability to take big-picture assignments and fill in the blanks.
- Disciplined and trustworthy; will work well independently.
- Critical thinker and creative problem solver.
- Polished and professional presence, with outstanding written communication skills.
- We’re equally open to high level candidates and high potential candidates –– at least one to two years of work experience (either jobs or internships) in an office environment is preferred, though recent college graduates are also highly encouraged to apply.
- Relevant prior experience is ideal, e.g. in a role such as Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant, Operations Manager, Chief of Staff, Administrative Assistant, Research Assistant, Office Manager, Project Manager, Event Planner, Community Manager, Account Manager, Event Coordinator, Customer Success Manager, Customer Support Associate, Client Relations Manager, Business Development Manager, Merchandising Assistant, Designer Assistant, Store Manager, Production Assistant, Editorial Assistant, etc.